Accessing free school holiday activities with food during school breaks
The Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme provides eligible children and young people with free holiday activities and food in the long school holidays. The City of Wolverhampton Council has been awarded funding from the Department for Education to deliver a Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme, as part of a national scheme. The council will be delivering HAF through a network of providers at a wide variety of venues across the city.
Who can take part?
The programme will offer free holiday activities to school-aged children, who are in Reception –Year 11 (inclusive), and who are in receipt of benefits-related free school meals.
This programme is also open to:
- Those receiving free school meals from households with NoRecourse to Public Funds (NRPF).
- Children and young people aged5 – 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and/or children and young people aged 5– 25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) or additional needs.
- Children aged 5 – 18 known to local social services within the last three months.
What is available?
Children and young people attending sessions will be able to enjoy quality holiday activities and a healthy meal at each session they attend.
Eligible children and young people are entitled to:
- at least four hours each day
- four days over the spring and winter holidays and sixteen days over the summer holidays•a nutritious meal each day they attend the camp
Unique HAF code numbers
You can choose and book free HAF activity sessions from a selection that will be on offer. You will be asked to input a code when booking.
Letters confirming HAF eligibility including a child’s unique HAF code number are mailed out shortly before each big school holiday. If you have lost or mislaid your letterOR if your child has become eligible within the past few months, you can obtain code numbers from the dedicated HAF helpline 01902 916994 which goes live shortly before each main school holiday.
#YES Half Term Activity and Food Programme
Any school age child resident in the City of Wolverhampton is eligible to take part in the #YES Half Term Activity and Food Programme and no HAF code is required.
This is funded entirely by the City of Wolverhampton Council as is not connected to the DfE HAFProgramme.
We regret that children living outside the City of Wolverhampton but attending a Wolverhampton school are not eligible to participate in the #YES half term scheme.